Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower



So this movie is finally coming out!
I had read the book by Stephen Chbosky in eleventh grade Upper Level Comp during reading time. I had not had a book with me, so I had borrowed this one off of Mrs. Cardona's shelf.
It was a fantastic book, and the movie looks like it will be a good one too.

And I just adore Emma Watson.

Also, sidenote: the top comment said that Emma Watson would make a really terrific Alaska Young. What do you think about that, Kira? Do you agree? Just wondering haha.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh! That is really exciting.
    I feel like this would be really easy for me to be interested in; and then it would be one less thing I am an outsider to.
    So I'll probably read the book soon, so I can see the movie and all that jazz.

    Alaska Young is so sacred to me. So no. But not because I don't love Emma Watson, just because I love Alaska Young wayyyyy too much. I mean, when I heard originally that there was going to be a movie (which he's said for every book, but it hasn't happened...) I was worried because of that.
    Have you read An Abundance of Katherines, yet? That's the only book I can see becoming a movie. Maybe TFiOS, but I can't tell how I feel about that yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can see how they would screw up the movie for that book, I just thought it was interesting an interesting thought, Emma Watson as Alaska Young. And some books are best left as books. Also, is John Green even the type of person who would want his books turned into movies, like, desperately? haha. He doesn't seem like it to me. Hmm.
      I haven't! Can I borrow it, actually? I'm going on a road trip and I have Will Grayson, Will Grayson on hold at the library but haven't gotten it yet...

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it is an interesting thought...
      I don't know, he's signed all of them to be made into movies, I think. They haven't happened to my knowledge though. I don't know why he keeps doing it, he doesn't seem like he'd be desperate. But maybe he's just curious or wouldn't mind either way.
      YES! When is your road trip?

      Delete