Saturday, November 5, 2011

Being Protective.

It is instinctive nature that leads us to be protective, right? We're protective over those people and things we care about (hopefully mostly people...), and will do anything to see that no harm comes their way.

Well, my neighbor's dogs are no different.

I'm not really a dog person, so please don't chastise me and get offended if I don't describe them correctly (not that you'll know what the dogs look like...unless you're my neighbor, in which case...awwwkward). There are two dogs, one of them is a small black dog and the other is a...beagle? Both of them are fairly small in size.

Anyhow, the house that these people live in faces another direction, so that the side of their house faces the same general area the front of ours faces (this is not that important but I'm frustrating myself trying to explain it). Their yard is fenced in, and for good reason.

I have been walking past their yard to get to the bus stop for about...3 years now. You would think that the dogs would learn I'm not going to break into the house and steal their things and kill their family. Every time I pass them, both morning and after school, I brace myself for the barking. They come leaping over to the very edge of the fence, and just bark at me.

The black dog is the one that seems to be in charge; he always initiates the barking and the beagle slowly follows and assists. The black dog runs back and forth, and keeps barking until he can't see me anymore (like I'm keeping my eye on you). The beagle usually looks to the black dog, as if to say what should I do now? and follows his orders.

It's pretty amusing from time to time, but just gets irritating when I'm day dreaming or listening to music, and am jolted out of my stupor, possibly letting a yell escape me, as the dogs come over and sass me: don't you think that we don't know what you're up to! We're watching you! I'm going to menacingly bark until you leave! Ooohh are you giving up? GOOD. Don't try to come back here! EVER.

Such sassy neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment