Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm sexy and I know it.

Slightly irrelevant but nonetheless adorable.
Haha, the title of this blog post was supposed to make you think "Wow I never knew Fatima was so narcissistic!" and get you to read the rest of the post.

This post isn't going to consist of me fawning over myself; kind of the opposite, but not in a dramatic and demeaning way.

I feel a little awkward saying this but, it's not like anyone reads my blog anyway, so I'll treat it kind of as a journal.

Yes, everyone is beautiful. I totally get that. I understood it even further after watching the visual essays that my fellow AP Comp students had worked hard on, and their message was loud and clear. You don't have to be skinny to be beautiful. This is a true statement. However, there is a huge difference between being healthy and being skinny.

I used to let myself be reassured that it was okay to be slightly overweight because "every size is beautiful", and continued to eat poorly and exercise rarely. When someone is healthy and fit but a little bigger, that's the ideal situation to be in.

What really made me want to try and get as healthy and fit as possible are blogs like this one. These blogs stress the importance of eating right and exercising your butt off (haha, get it?), so that you can not only look, but also feel good. It also includes really inspirational pictures of people that lose a ton of weight the healthy way, and it just motivates me that much more to do it myself.

Also...it's best not to go to extremes. Spending 5 hours on the treadmill and having a large meal of a cheese cube is going overboard; balance is key. Nothing wrong with having ice cream now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment